Thank you for considering Four Saints Brewing Company's inaugural Art Wall Project. We are celebrating Great Beer for Great People with art. Why art? Art is everywhere. It brings people together. It inspires change. It gets people to think outside of the box. And it's pretty colors in our tasting room. Seriously - we believe great people need great art. We worked with many artists for our initial funding campaign (37 artists in the initial Kickstarter campaign), and include arts in our everyday operation (Mug Club featuring area potters). We are furthering our support of creativity by offering four hard working, visually creative people an opportunity to share their creations with the public.
This is a rotating, overlapping, four art installation projects on one wall. Four works of art will be created and featured approximately every 3 months. Each of the four (Four Saints = four artists - get it?!) artists will be selected based on their creative design and how well their artwork design fits in with our mission - "Great Beer for Great People." We're keeping it as open as possible, art process-wise. Please don't feel you have to visually interpret our slogan, use imagery of saints, or only use red paint. Each artwork does need to jive with the aesthetic of our business and accentuate the taproom. If we knew exactly what we wanted, we'd so it ourselves. Wait - we do know what we want - we want your awesome artwork to display for a period of time and we're gonna pay you for it...and share with all the Great People your Great Art.
Each of the four selected artists will receive a $300 stipend, (plus $200 for supplies -- we'll provide drop cloths and a freshly primed wall), a $100 FSBC gift card, a meet and greet reception for each artist with the public, and 5 free commemorative t-shirts, Yep - we're also going to create a limited edition t-shirt for each art project. Collect all four!
The Four Saints Brewing Company Art Wall Projects will happen between April 2016 and June 2017.
Have we inspired you? Got questions? Great! We're holding a question and answer meeting on Tuesday, November 17th at 6:30p in our tap room. Download pdf of all this info.
The selected wall in the taproom measures 4.5ft H x 12ft W. View photo of wall here . Artists may submit any style, genre, medium and/or subject matter of artwork designs. The motifs are open-ended. People will be enjoying our products in the taproom. The selected projects will need to fit in with that space/activity.
What we are looking for:
- Any visual artist within a 75 mile radius of Asheboro, North Carolina (please don't make us pull out the measuring wheel), age 21 or over may apply,
- Only complete applications will be considered (see Materials to Submit),
- We're are open to the use of a variety of creative processes and production schedules. (You will provide your synopsis of execution and production timeline request in the proposal.) Each artwork needs to be designed with the understanding that there will be a month of production time reserved to execute the selected design on the premise followed by three months of public viewing of said artwork. We want to see how each artist will operate within that timeframe. If you are an installation artist; if your art is of a performative nature; if you will make the art during the first month followed by three months of public viewing; or if your production schedule will span the entire four months - we want to know about how our customers will interact with your art. In addition to mad crazy visual art skills, it is the strength of each proposal and good communication skills of potential artists that will help us determine who will be selected.
- Elements of each design needs to lend itself to imagery to be used for a one color graphic for t-shirts that we will sell to commemorate the project. FSBC will split all profits from residuals with each appropriate artist 50/50.
- Submit as many times as you like, we will need a complete, separate application for each entry,
- $5.00 per application fee paid via paypal, check, money order, or cash.
- Groups/teams or individuals are eligible to apply. Each group will need one captain to complete the application with their information (i.e. the captain's resume, the captain's sample artwork)
- All referenced work must be original artwork created by applicant,
- only provide materials requested,
Materials to Submit:
- Statement of Interest - Share with us your interest in the project; a description of your art making approach (not to exceed one page); and a digital image of your design. Use file title: Firstname_Lastname_Intent
- A portion of your design will need to be appropriate for a one color ink t-shirt image. Supply a high resolution preliminary design digital file (pdf or vector preferred). Use file title: Firstname_Lastname_Shirtdesign
- Production - each artist will have initially one month reserved for production time on premise followed by three months of public viewing of the art. This is modifiable. Submit an anticipated production schedule of how you will use the time allotted. FSBC is interested in a least one public work session. If possible include one production session during FSBC taproom biz hours. (You might want to get your headphones out ). Also include your 1st and 2nd production time frame preferences: March 2016 - June 2016; July 2016 - October 2016; November 2016 - February 2017; and/or March 2017 - June 2017. Tell us all this in less than a page. Use file title: Firstname_Lastname_Production
- Professional Resume - under three pages (one per team/group; one per entry). Use file title: Firstname_Lastname_Resume,
- Previous Artwork Image List - Share with us images of other artwork you've created between 2005 - 2015 that will strengthen your proposal. Consider sharing with us large scale projects you've created. Submit no more than five digital images in jpg format (100 dpi @ min size: 5.5" x 7" and 11" x 14" max). Images must be saved using file name and # correspondence to annotated list (see item number 6). Use filename: Firstname_Lastname_Images
- Annotated Image List - submit the following info for each image in the previous works list (see item number 5). Include the following info: Artist Name, Title of Work, Image Number, Media, and any other relevant info. Use file title: Firstname_Lastname_List
How to Apply:
Place each requested file and save all into a digital folder. Title folder with your first and last name. Save the file onto a usb drive or CD. Include first and last name, phone number and email address in your packet. Mail or hand deliver. The mailing address is also the FSBC street address: 218 South Fayetteville Street. Asheboro, NC 27203. Mailed entries must be postmarked by December 19, 2015. Hand delivered entries must be received at the taproom also by December 19, 2015. Items wishing to be returned need to include a self-addressed, appropriately stamped and sized envelope.
- November 17, 2015 @ 6:30p - FSBC interest meeting at taproom
- December 19, 2015 -- FSBC Art Project Proposal Submission Deadline
- January 15, 2016 -- selected artists notified
- March 2016 - June 2016 -- first project
- July 2016 - October 2016 -- second project
- November 2016 - Feb 2017 -- third project
- March 2016 - June 2017 -- fourth project
- June 2017 -- Project concludes with wrap-up party, day TBD
Note: Four Saints reserves the right to use images of the designs and information from written proposals for review and project promotion purposes. All artists submitting proposals as well as selected artists retain ownership of their copyright.